Saturday, May 9, 2009

Whew !!!

Finally home after finishing my third half marathon in four weeks. Fargo was cold and windy, but an hour in the sauna tonight should take care of the cold part and perhaps will loosen some sore and tight muscles. The fans lining the racecourse were the best of may race I have been in but Twin Cities. Old and young alike giving encouragement to total strangers. And it didn't matter to me that they were total strangers--the encouraging words helped to propel me on toward the finish inside the FargoDome.

I wonder whether there is something to that whole encouragement thing?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

The encouragement thing definitely works! I'm sure it was really welcome by the third race... What's next?

Anonymous said...

A duathlon (5k run, 33k bike, 5k run) this Saturday is next. After that, who knows?