Thursday, May 4, 2017

59 Weeks -- Reality Check 2017 #1

After about seven months of focused training, this weekend is the first of several tests of whether the training has made a difference--and what difference it has made.  This weekend the Frisco Superdrome hosts the 2017 Track Masters Regional Championships and I will be riding the 500, the 2k Pursuit, and the Match Sprint.  These are the same events that I will be doing at the National Championships in late June.

I confess to being a bit nervous.  I know that I have been working hard--in fact, I do not know that my body could have held up under harder training.  I have lost a lot of weight and re-balanced body fat and muscle down to about 15% body fat.  I have upgraded my equipment to the stiffest and fastest that I have ever ridden.  Now I just need to put it all together--and not fret.

After all, racing is not my day job and it is supposed to be a hobby that I am doing for fun.  We'll see how it goes and maybe I can reflect on this first test.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

It sounds like no matter what your times are, you've already accomplished a ton! Pushing yourself beyond your previous limits and knowing you've trained as hard as possible is something to be celebrated all on its own. That being said, I can't wait to hear about how you crushed your goals!