Friday, May 18, 2007

At the start ... again

I am 47. I am a husband and father. I am a runner. I am a Christ-follower. And all of those things come together somehow. This blog is to chronicle my thoughts and observations while training for the 2007 Twin Cities Marathon. I know that if I do not write, I will miss most of the ephemeral thoughts that flit through my endorphin-driven mind. So it is as much for me as for anyone.

I have been here before--several times. I have been a runner off and on since high school. I have been a Christ-follower, sometimes better than others, since high school. After reading Jim Fixx's book, I wanted to run a marathon. A number of times I have trained, even paid my money, but have never even made it to the start line. Sometimes injury and sometimes lost interest, but I want this time to be different.

Since I started following Christ I have wanted to do it well--to be a good follower. A number of times I have tried, with varying degrees of success, but never quite seemed to get there. But I want this time to be different.

I am hopeful.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hi Ken!
I'm glad you're doing this! I look forward to joining you on this journey.