Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rattlesnakes are in the Area

The sign got my attention right away. Running this morning (5.5) and evening (4.45) in Folsom (outside Sacramento) along the shores of Lake Natoma I did not expect to see rattlers. It is beautiful here--different trees and flowers in bloom all over. There is a paved path along the lake and also an off road path. I enjoy Runners World magazine (www.runnersworld.com), but have never seen running environments like they show in the magazine--until today. The off road paths were hilly and wound through the trees by the lake.

I was a bit spooked by the rattlesnake warning. But, without the warning sign, I would not have been aware that rattlesnakes could be an issue. I think that God's word is like that sometimes. Apart from His warning, I would not be aware that there may be a threat. And because there are warnings, I pay closer attention. I would have ignored the rattlesnake warning at my peril. So too with what God has to say.

No comments: